Sunday, June 8, 2008

6' 0" Island Egg

I got a new board yesterday From Star Surfing Co. This is the first off the rack impulse buy I've done in a few years (the price was great). It's also my smallest board at 6' x 21". And to be honest, I was worried that it might be too small for me, but I took the gamble. Not really a lot of info on the board other than the dimensions, turtle logo and an doctor like signature. The receipt says Island Surfboard and I think the signature says "Will Smith". If so, it's good to see his shaping between making movies.

Update: I rode by the shop yesterday to give them positive feedback and the guy that helped me when I bought the board informed me that the shaper's name was Mark Smith.


I took it out yesterday afternoon near the pump house in PB and got several good rides once I figured out it was more of a front foot surfer. It displaces a lot less volume than the 6' 2" fish I'm used to ridding and I did miss a few waves I normally would have gotten. There was some descent size in the waves, so I'm sure that helped. I don't know if I will be taking her out on those ankle to knee slapper days.


On a side note, there are a lot of Irish kids vacationing in San Diego these days.





No comments:

Followers

About Me