Friday, January 23, 2009

wing review: my home

It took about 30 minutes to get my order, but they came out hot and juicy with a good amount of crispness. The staff was attentive, but not helpful. I had to help myself to the beer, but it was nice and cold. Sauce was very hot and burned my lips. They were only served with carrots. Ranch was a little too thick. I would get these again, but call in my order to speed it up.

I was able to talk to the chef and get the recipe:

Preheat oven to 400
Sprinkle cornmeal and garlic powder (Granulated California Garlic from Costco) on cookie tray
Cornmeal coat is very light and meant to help stop skin from sticking to tray
Spread 1.5 lbs of wings on cookie tray
Top with extra virgin olive oil top with garlic powder
Bake for 12 minutes
Flip and add more garlic powder
Bake for 15 more minutes
Add an ounce of "The Original Louisiana Hot Sauce" to bowl
Add ounce plus of Red Roster sauce to bowl
Add a few dashes of white vinegar
Add wings to bowl and cover with two more ounce of sauce
Top with another bowl and shake vigorously until all wings are coated
Serve with ranch dress, carrots and celery



I was watching Code Talkers while I ate. I was really surprised that the used old stock footage for the Navy gun scenes...

No comments:

Followers

About Me